In the winter term, we will be studying a drama text. Before selecting the text, I would like you to know a little about the plays under consideration, and to state a preference.
Over the next couple of weeks, I will try to find time for the class to use computers so that you can do a little research into each before coming to an informed decision.
You should read a synopsis of the plot of each, watch YouTube clips of the play in performance, and read a little about the playwright.
- Doctor Faustus – Christopher Marlowe
- Hamlet – William Shakespeare
- Othello – William Shakespeare
- King Lear – William Shakespeare
- Coriolanus – William Shakespeare
- The Crucible – Arthur Miller
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof – Tennessee Williams
- The History Boys – Alan Bennett