Another night passes and Mrs Scott continues to recuperate.
The dusk and the darkness
As dusk falls what seems to happen to the world about her?
* It folds in around her – the hard edges soften – reflects sleep coming over her
What pleases her about the moon?
* Reminds her of Iain – it is soft and calming
What worries her about it?
* It is going away from her and “she couldn’t stop it”
Why do you think nobody has heard her scream?
* A silent scream? Nobody in the house? She only imagined herself to be screaming? It was a nightmare?
The occupants of the house
What effect has the knowledge that she is helping someone had on:
* Made her happy to be looking after someone. Makes her useful.
* They treat the silence like a game – they want to keep quiet for Mrs Scott